Who am I?
I haven’t always been, I won’t always be.
But right now, I’m on the move measuring out life.
People wait for me, they submit to me, they fear me,
But no one can stop me, except the Lord God.
Most people think I am on the move forever, but I’m not.
When God stop me; that will be it. Then, it will be too late.
Too late for repentance, too late for faith,
Too late for getting right with God through Jesus Christ His Son.
Just forever left with tears and anguish.
Now is the day for redemption. Will it be that day for you?
My name is time; and when I come to my end, you will go with me to eternity.
– Unknown author
When as a child I laughed and wept,
When as a youth I waxed more bold,
When I became a full-grown man,
When older still I daily grew,
Soon I shall find, in passing on,
O Christ! wilt Thou have saved me then?
– Time’s Paces by Henry Twells (1823-1900).
Time is a precious commodity. Time is of the essence; Time is fleeting; Time is marching on; It’s swiftly passing. Our time is fading. We are only here for a little while. Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. All flesh is like the grass, the glory of man is like a flower. But the word of the Lord endures forever. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the heart of man; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
- A time to be born, and a time to die;
- A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal;
- A time to tear down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
- A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
- A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to seek, and a time to lose;
- A time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- A time to tear, and a time to mend;
- A time to be silent, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate;
- A time for war, and a time for peace.
What time is it in your life? What time is it in our world?
We live in time, but we live for eternity.
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.” – Bill Watterson