The safest place in the whole world is in “The Will of God.“
- When Moses aligned his will with the will of God, God brought water out of the rock.
- When Joshua aligned his will with the will of God, the Sun stood still in its orbit.
- When David aligned his will with the will of God, Goliath fell
- When Elijah aligned his will with the will of God. Fire came from Heaven on Mount Carmel and licked up everything including the water.
- When Daniel aligned his will with the will of God, the mouth of lions were zipped.
- When Paul and Silas aligned their will with the will of God, even though they were in prison, the earth shook and the prison door opened
- When the first church aligned itself with the will of God, Peter and John were released from prison.
I’m convinced that the Bible teaches from beginning to end that individual believers can be a source of blessing to their family, community, workplace and even nations… It was because of Abraham that God blessed Lot. It was because of Jacob that God blessed Laban. It was because of David that God blessed Israel. It was because of Daniel that God blessed pagan Babylon. And ultimately because of the Lord Jesus Christ, God has blessed the world. That’s what happens when we align our will with the will of God and intercede on behalf of people everywhere.
God is most available to those who are most available to Him. You cannot know the will of God when you have not responded to His Word. You cannot know the plan of God for your life when you have not obeyed what is revealed in His book (The Holy Bible). When asked for the secret of his success, William Booth (Founder of The Salvation Army) said:
“I will tell you the secret. God has had all there was of me. There have been men with greater brains than I, men with greater opportunities. But from the day I got the poor of London on my heart and caught a vision of all Jesus Christ could do with them, on that day I made up my mind that God would have all of William Booth there was. And if there is anything of power in the Salvation Army today, it is because God has had all the adoration of my heart, all the power of my will, and all the influence of my life.”
Discovering the will of God and obeying it is the secret of success. Being human, often, to do the will of God does not come naturally. Even Christ Jesus, the man of many sorrow, before going to the Cross asked the Father in prayer:
“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” – Luke 22:42
But still, He drank that bitter cup full of poison anyway because His only will and desire was always to do the Will of God wholeheartedly.
As Christians, only when we Surrender all areas of our lives, every chamber, every department and everything that is us to the Holy Spirit of God can we really begin to do the Will of God. We grow as Christians by depending on God more and less on ourselves. God wants us to be dependent on His Grace. Satan wants us to be dependent on ourselves.
“To know the will of God is the greatest knowledge! To do the will of God is the greatest achievement” – George W Truett.
- If you would ask Isaiah, what is the secret and purpose of life? He would tell you (in Isaiah 43:21) – That we might proclaim His praises
- If you would ask the Apostle Peter, what is the purpose of life? He would tell you (in 1 Peter 1:6-7) – That we might bring praise, glory, and honour to Christ Jesus.
- If you would ask the Apostle Paul, what is the purpose of life? He would tell you (in Ephesians 1) – That it is to the praise of His glory
- And, If you would ask the Lord Jesus Christ, what is the purpose of Life? He would tell you (in Luke 19:38-40) – For the praise of Me and when you do not praise Me the stones will
Every sphere of human greatest has been inspired by the humble carpenter from Galilee.
- Jesus painted no picture, yet some of the finest painting of Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo Da Vinci received their highest inspiration from Him.
- Jesus wrote no poetry, yet Dante, Milton, and scores of the world’s greatest poets were inspired by Him.
- Jesus composed no music, yet Haydn, Handel, Beethoven, Bach, and Mendelssohn reached their highest perfection of melody in hymns and symphony that they composed in praise of Him
Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God, for we have a great God. There are thousands of merely good works the world may try to draw us into, but above all, we must stay focused on the great work of serving God. God has not called us to be successful, but He has called us to be faithful. For without Faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).
When God makes a promise, Faith has to believe it, Hope has to anticipate it, and Patience has to awaits it. God never takes you somewhere where His Grace is not sufficient to sustain you and to empower you to do His will. John Kirkby, founder of Christians Against Poverty (CAP), wrote in his testimonial book titled “Nevertheless” that, “Faith is a paradox. Faith sees the invisible, knows the unknowable, hears the inaudible, touches the intangible. It fights in chains and rests in conflict.” Faith is to believe what you do not see, and the reward of faith is to see that which you believe. Beyond the fog lies clarity.
“Your word O Lord is a lamp to my Feet and a light to my path.” – Psalm 119:105
“I want to take Your word and shine it all around, but first help me to live it, Lord. And when I am doing well, please help me to never seek a crown. For my reward is giving glory to You.” – Keith Green
Above all else, my highest calling and my deepest joy is to make the Will of God my home.